Colorectal Cancer Canada is the nation’s not for profit colorectal cancer patient organization dedicated to colorectal cancer awareness and education, supporting patients and their caregivers and advocating on their behalf.
We aspire to reduce the incidence and mortality of colorectal cancer in Canada while improving the quality of life of patients, their families and their caregivers.
Since its inception, CCC has made important strides in improving the lives of patients, advancing screening and increasing access to treatment options. Through various partnerships, meetings with key federal and provincial decision makers as well as nationwide advertising, public relations and fundraising campaigns, CCC has been instrumental in:
- Increasing Canadians’ understanding of colorectal cancer
- Raising awareness about early age onset colorectal cancer
- Promoting primary prevention through healthy lifestyles, nutrition, and appropriate screening
- Reducing drug approval delays at Health Canada
- Assisting in equal approval and access to many specific targeted therapies and treatments across Canada
- Introducing provincial and territorial colorectal cancer screening programs
- Leading decision in reimbursement of out-of-country healthcare
- Introducing clinical guidelines
- Promoting introduction of clinical trials for numerous treatments like Hepatic Arterial Infusion Pump (HAIP), Chemotherapy and Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy (HIPEC) as well as assisting in the development of national guidelines for the use of Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS) in the management of colorectal cancer
- Publishing a Hereditary Colorectal Cancer Registries Proposal in Canada